Welcome to Star Trek Answers!Edit
Welcome to Star Trek Answers, ProfessorTrek. Thanks for contributing! I hope you join in and ask or answer some more questions. You can find the new questions on the WikiActivity page. If you need any help, have a look
Account issues Edit
Hi, your account has been locked now, and no one else should be able to access it. Please can you email us via the contact form so we can recover it for you? Thanks! -- sannse (help forum | blog) 05:57, February 16, 2012 (UTC)
- It's happened again. Somebody's got control of my account again. It says "sulfur", I think that's the user that was vandalizing my user page last week. --ProfessorTrek 16:03, February 22, 2012 (UTC)
- Uhm, no. I was the one who blocked your account for continued insults. -- sulfur 22:31, February 22, 2012 (UTC)
- I don't like you, either. -- ProfessorTrek 07:42, February 23, 2012 (UTC)
- Just to clarify, anything from Feb 15th and 16th may have been someone else on his account. It was compromised, and later recovered by staff.
- ProfessorTrek, there's no sign that it's happened again, I think (as sulfur says) you are just seeing the ban notice -- sannse (help forum | blog) 01:34, February 23, 2012 (UTC)
- Thank you, Sannse. -- ProfessorTrek 07:54, February 23, 2012 (UTC)
Fundamental to intellectual discourse on any subject is complete and irrevocably-assured freedom to communicate freely on any topic. After a "block" is imposed on a user, that freedom is gone forever. It is gone forever because subsequent to it, a reasonable belief in the existence of that absolute freedom no longer exists. The free expression of ideas, even subsequent to the discontinuation of the "block", is no longer possible.
I have realized that "blocked your account for continued insults" might not have meant 'the delivery of insults by the blocker to the blockee through blocking your account'. Instead, it might have meant 'blocking your account because of insults perceived by the blocker as having been intended to be made, or having been made whether intended or not, by the blockee'. This, perceived intrinsic to the absolutely free expression of the blockee's ideas.
Therefore, it necessarily only can be that what your opinion is as to whether or not you were insulted by my free expression of ideas is no matter. I do not believe, and will never accept, that any of the ideas freely expressed by me could have reasonably, and therefore should have reasonably, been perceived as insulting. Brevity becomes impossible where it is a necessity to attempt to be as accurate and unambiguous as possible. You will never be able to change my opinion as to this.
Thus, it is not reasonable to perceive this post as intended to be, or as being, a rationalization for, or a reasonable basis for, a request to have the "block" discontinued. Given my status, the existence here of complete and irrevocably-assured freedom to communicate freely on any topic was at no time a decision that was appropriate for me to make and implement. Although, my contention obviously is that it should have existed here. That is, the only manner in which complete and irrevocably-assured freedom to communicate freely on any topic could have been demonstrated was through the possession of the block-imposition prerogative and the absolute refusal to impose it. And, some would agree that complete and irrevocably-assured freedom to communicate freely on any topic was, reasonably, an imperative.
Thus, this post most certainly is not intended as such a request. Nor should it be perceived as such. Things can now never go back to the way they were, reasonably. This, regardless of whether or not it is, or may be in the future, your position or contention that they can. Any further participation here by me has now become impossible. This account no longer can serve any useful purpose to anyone. Therefore, this post is an explanation for the necessity to delete, and a request to delete, this account. -- ProfessorTrek 17:04, February 24, 2012 (UTC)
Drama drama drama.
- If you don't wish to participate here, then don't. Some also change their password and then forget about it. Accounts cannot be deleted due to the structure of the site.--31dot 14:25, February 27, 2012 (UTC)
- I have reviewed the "archived talk pages" for a summary of the interactions between you and your "colleagues" here during the past two or three years. Quite amusing. Aren't you a little embarrassed by all the disingenuous sycophancy from users who simply want to participate in a meaningful manner, but are afraid to, for fear of your pointless capriciousness? You must know that what is going through their minds in regard to you is quite different than what they "tactfully" verbalize. If I were you, I would find more respectable being treated honestly than having my ass kissed all the time. -- ProfessorTrek 19:20, February 27, 2012 (UTC)
I guess you changed your mind about not wanting to use your account. Do not create pages to attack other users; if you continue to do so, you will be blocked again. 31dot (talk) 09:30, August 30, 2012 (UTC)
As you should know from Memory Alpha, talk page comments should not be removed. Archive them, if you wish. Removing them from your page doesn't make them go away, anyway. 31dot (talk) 02:58, September 1, 2012 (UTC)
Obese question Edit
This site is intended to complement Memory Alpha and Memory Beta by allowing users to ask questions that they cannot find the answer to on those wikis; this site is not meant for open-ended general discussion.
Additionally, I will not tolerate further soapbox questions or statements about obese people in society here. Find the appropriate forum to make such inquiries or statements. 31dot (talk) 22:22, September 8, 2012 (UTC)
You've had a good streak recently so you have earned a warning; consider this your only warning on this matter; further statements on this topic will result in another, longer block. 31dot (talk) 23:10, October 5, 2012 (UTC)
If you don't like the purpose and scope of this site, you are free to find one which serves your needs. "Free speech" is only binding on the government's activity and not private sites like this one. 31dot (talk) 09:48, October 6, 2012 (UTC)
Complete questions Edit
If you're going to ask questions, can you please ask complete questions? We know you've been here long enough to understand that. It is hard to understand exactly what it is you are asking if you don't actually state the complete question. How exactly are "Kathryn Stockett wrote an episode of Star Trek" and "Same actor played Bashir's father in ST:DS9 and Raj's father in The Big Bang Theory" complete questions? These read more like statements.-Cpthunt (talk) 06:30, October 3, 2012 (UTC)
- I've long since given you an irrevocable Fuck You for your failure to heed mine. Your power is not earned nor it is deserved and you wield it like a terrorist. Once again: Fuck you. -ProfessorTrek (talk) 17:43, October 10, 2012 (UTC)
See you next year, if you want to come back. The blocks will only get longer if you continue your behavior. You will use this site as intended, and do so without insults, or you will not use it. It's that's simple. 31dot (talk) 22:55, October 10, 2012 (UTC)
If you are going to post questions only to give yourself the opportunity to demonstrate how smart you are to the rest of us, and fight with people who don't share your views, please don't bother. We have enough questions from people legitimately seeking help that we don't need others like you using their questions to promote themselves. 31dot (talk) 02:37, January 22, 2013 (UTC)
Recent questions Edit
Is there any particular reason you are answering your own questions, or at a minimum asking questions you clearly know the answer to? I know that this IP address is you. 31dot (talk) 19:47, March 12, 2013 (UTC)