Welcome to Star Trek Answers!Edit
Welcome to Star Trek Answers, 31dot. Thanks for contributing! I hope you join in and ask or answer some more questions. You can find the new questions on the WikiActivity page. If you need any help, have a look at Help:Wikianswers. -- Sulfur (Talk) 2012-02-24T12:35:02
- The deletion template (currently appearing on this question appears white with (mostly) grey text to me, making it hard to read. Is there a way for me to change the color?31dot 15:00, March 6, 2012 (UTC)
Roddenberry questions Edit
Please note questions about Gene Roddenberry's politics, whether the output of a Cardassian disruptor rifle in comparison to a satelite is "believeable", the resiliency of Gorn, or how people pronounce Data seem to be general discussions not questions about actual star trek so if this place isn't meant for that seems like you've got a lot of work you're not doing184.108.40.206 22:10, June 7, 2012 (UTC)
- If you believe a question should be deleted, say so on that question's talk page; I will say that specific questions about Trek staff are valid questions, as their political views shape their activities. Questions about pronunciation are also valid. Neither of those are general discussions. 31dot 01:25, June 8, 2012 (UTC)
- Your question from the get-go stated that it was seeking opinions; that's not what this site is for. 31dot 01:50, June 8, 2012 (UTC)
Someone told me Spock should not have been messing around with Uhura on account of his betrothal to T'Pring dating back to childhood. Wondered if this was true, hence my question, re: should she have been accounted for.
If you can suggest a phrasing for the question that would clarify this, I'd be happy to repost. :-)
Weapons range questions Edit
I know that the questions about the range of phasers and torpedoes have been asked repeatedly. And I recently gave answers to those two questions. Would you say that they are candidate questions and answers for the FAQ page?Amphibiot (talk) 21:53, September 8, 2012 (UTC)
- I'm not sure it's quite that frequent; we started that category in response to the question of "why did McFadden leave the show in Season 2" being asked about once a week. That said, it could always be removed later if the FAQ got too big to be useful. I wouldn't stand in the way of anyone adding it at this time. :) 31dot (talk) 22:17, September 8, 2012 (UTC)
It is you who has made this into your "soapbox". Specifically you have done that with regard to broadcasting and enforcing (1) your hatred of obese persons; and more importantly, (2) that, as a result, and more globally, it is your belief that the ethos of Star Trek and of Star Trek fandom should not be one of tolerance for diversity of opinion and for diversity of the person, nor should those values be reflected here.
You exhibit a fascination with, and enthusiasm for, many of the factual aspects of the Star Trek mythos, both in-universe and real-world. However, you have made it abundantly clear that you vehemently disagree with the ambience of tolerance and respect for diversity, both in-universe and real-world, that is intrinsic to the Star Trek ethos. And, that you further intend to use your admin privileges to enforce this political viewpoint on your part, on the other people here.
I intend to make it my business to take and transmit the evidence I have collected of your conduct in this regard. I intend to utilize it to communicate your lack of qualification. And, that the oft-demonstrated, abject lack of qualification you thereby possess is concealed by a veneer of deservedness through an apparent conversant familiarlity with the subject matter, but which coexists in the same person with a false enthusiasm for, and ignorance of, its true substantive meaning. I intend to prove that your advantaged position here is thereby undeserved, and that you should deprived of it by the proper authority. --ProfessorTrek (talk) 03:36, September 9, 2012 (UTC)
- The issue is not your views and my alleged lack of tolerating them, nor it is my alleged hatred of obese or whatever you want to call them persons(I love my obese relatives the way they are no matter what they look like); the issue is your misuse of this site and general conduct here, which has contained veiled insults when not outright insulting people. That is unacceptable.
- And good luck with that, as I would be very surprised if any "proper authority" interfered with what goes on here(Wikia generally does not) especially after they review your conduct. 31dot (talk) 10:40, September 9, 2012 (UTC)
- Yeah, I believe it was. Just fixing it, was all. :) 31dot (talk) 02:43, October 17, 2012 (UTC)
Registry Related QuestionsEdit
Would it be possible in some way add a redirect and/or a movement to the FAQ's category for all the various questions that have to do with starship registries? You know the kind that have that "If x-ship was commissioned blah blah...whenever why is it's registry number higher/lower than ship-y".........
I mean the answer is always the same everytime and they're all just the same basic questioned rephrased. Seems we get those here alot. Does that count as a FAQ?220.127.116.11 10:22, November 22, 2012 (UTC)
- It certainly might count. :) It sounds like a good idea. I won't be able to do it today but I will keep this in mind. Thanks for your suggestion. 31dot (talk) 12:50, November 22, 2012 (UTC)
Janeway vs the Kazon question Edit
In response to your deleting my original, I have resubmitted my question regarding Janeway and the Kazon with a specific request for concrete examples and with less emphasis on opinion. I hope it now meets the criteria for inclusion.18.104.22.168 20:13, January 30, 2013 (UTC)
- I've responded to you on the question page you created. 31dot (talk) 22:20, January 30, 2013 (UTC)
Hello Fellow Answers Wikian!Edit
Hello fellow answers Wikian! I see you are an admin on one of Wikia's top WAM scoring wikis. Well, I have some news which might be of interest to you. A central place for editors of answers wikis has been set up at Answers Central for editors to discuss ideas, problems, and solutions surrounding answers wikis, as well as offering a place where you can talk about your wiki and maybe find some tips to make it even better! I hope you come check it out! Thanks, Imamadmad (Contact me) 11:09, June 16, 2013 (UTC)